Tuesday, October 10, 2006

TOTAl Recall

Adam Wells of Leeds returns with another submission, and this time it's real:
Early one morning the other week whilst filming up on the beautiful
Blackheath near Greenwich in South London, I stopped to get breakfast for the crew. The Blackheath Tea Hut is exactly that, a hut on Blackheath selling tea (in addition to bacon sarnies, egg rolls etc.) The power of electricity has not spread to this makeshift foodshack, nor had the technology of a cash register so a hand written receipt would have to suffice. Imagine my delight at seeing the £11.80 scrawled beautifully under 'TOTAl'. Genius. With a nod and a wink, I went on my way - fed, watered, and warm inside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello my good man. I happen to be a member of staff at the trusty Tea Hut, and I'd just like to assure you, that contrary to what you may believe we do actually have electricity!! also, although some of us may not be well versed in the difference between lower case and capital letters, our handwritten receipts give a personal touch and make up for the fact that we have a truly dodgy till (in fact the 6 key barely works)thanks for the write up, and feel free to pop by if you're ever in the vicinity again

Anonymous said...

hahaha... I love this site.

Unknown said...

Hi All!

Just wanted to let you know that the blackheath tea hut has a website now! Go to www.blackheath-tea-hut.co.uk to have a look. You can support the hut by signing the guestbook with your comments.

Ben